- Order is Heaven’s first Law. Perfect Love balanced on the scales of Truth may be the second.
- Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man’s character, give him power. Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be. And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
- Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time.
- A house divided against itself cannot stand. [In some cases], It’s better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt. Whatever you are, be a good one.
- Character is like a tree and reputation like a shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.
- Those who deny freedom to others deserve it not for themselves.
You can read tips on how to speak like Lincoln here.