The Quora series are a series of questions and answers from some of the most insightful questions and answers from Quora.
Question: Who are wicked people in the Bible?
Here are some quick answers for you:
- Judas who betrayed Jesus
- Delilah betrayed Samson for some gold coins… she’d make a good coal miner.
- Saul – wanted to kill king David
- King David for killing the warrior Urah
- King Solomon who having so many concubine and over-taxing his people to build his majestic palaces
- Demonically possessed people
- So basically anyone who suffers from a deadly sin can be wicked:
- envy, lust, greed, pride, wrath, gluttony, sloth
- Envy, greed, gluttony, and lust shows our desires for some worldly material thing. Then pride and wrath show our desire to be our own god. Sloth shows us when we waste our talents and our fate.
- Overall this is a great question because it easily reveals to us to look deeply into the human heart and how easily it can be corrupted(Hitler, Stalin, Genghis Khan). Basically every one of us has done evil according to the Bible although some have committed more sins than others. It’s important to forgive the people around us for their sins not to excuse their lousy behavior but because it makes life easier and those grudges wear us down.
- Check out the anime Seven Deadly Sins!